Community and Content Manager
RPGLogs is a small but growing company that builds tools for the MMORPG community. The developer-led company controls warcraftlogs.com, fflogs.com, wipefest.gg, and esologs.com, with more sites and games to come. Collectively, we reach over 4 million MMO players and serve over 100 million pages on a monthly basis.
We are currently seeking a Community and Content Manager to join our small, entrepreneurial team in a flexible work environment.
What is the job?
The Community and Content Manager will have the opportunity to work remotely to design and maintain our community presence and manage our content development.
What will the job be like?
You will work directly with the founding team of Warcraft Logs and Wipefest. You’ll represent community interests in designing new community features that will be seen by millions. You’ll get to connect deeply with fans of the games you love. You’ll get to design and maintain communication features that will benefit a passionate community.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and improving our community connections through our Discord server, including redesigning our Discord channels and processes.
- Collecting community feedback on all channels and synthesizing that information back to the product development team.
- Representing community connections in product discussions with our product development team.
- Identifying areas for content creation, toward goals for greater community engagement and toward helping the community get more out of our technology platform.
- Maintaining and engaging with our followers on social media, publishing new content, announcing new features, and commenting on the current news in the MMO space.
- Eventually manage the work of a team of volunteers and freelancers to pursue community engagement and content goals.
Successful candidates would be able to demonstrate the following:
- Deep game knowledge of World of Warcraft.
- Proven experience as a Community Manager, building popular communities from scratch.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with professional social media management.
- Experience managing and engaging with volunteers, e.g. Discord moderators.
- Ability to think creatively yet systematically about problems and their solution sets.
Other experiences of high value:
- Deep game knowledge of Final Fantasy XIV and other MMOs.
- Experience managing freelance content creators.
- Ability to interpret website traffic.
- Knowledge of online marketing.
- Ability to produce some basic graphic design in support of communications.
- Business communication skill set.
What We Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to join our highly collaborative, fully remote team. For US applicants, we offer access to group health & dental benefits. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do let us know about your experience in the MMO community as well. Please refrain from pinging current employees on our social channels. Please include information about community presences you’ve built and maintained.
RPGLogs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.